Pages

Sunday, May 15, 2011



Shalom,
wanted to share a few pictures. The first one is a mini blue-and-white quilt. 61 years ago in Cape Town, South Africa, a young lady was chosen to be "The Spirit of Israel", in celebration of Israel's 2nd Birthday. It is a picture of my mother.
The second picture is a quilt of my grandfather blowing the shofar before the high holidays in South Africa. He stayed in South Africa while my mother had moved to Israel.
I wanted to incorporate something from his weekly letters to my mother, By the time I asked my mother if she could let me have one of these letters, I was too late.
As my mother moved to a retirement community, she threw away the letters...I added a fabric that had post cards images.
There is one letter that survived that was written in beautiful handwritten Hebrew to my sister shortly before my grandfather passed, I hope to add it to the quilt.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Tamar,

    Your quilting is just magnificent and your mom keeps us updated here in Cape Town regularly. I just love these two.

    Love Estelle Bravo

    ReplyDelete